Thursday, December 10, 2020

Russian Teacakes


 When I was a girl my Great Aunt Dorothy would always bring Crescent and Moon cookies.  According to her they were traditional Danish cookies.  I never got her recipe, but this recipe from my childhood Cooky cookbook tastes the same to me.  This recipe uses almonds, but if you switch up the nuts and use pecans I think they're called Mexican Wedding Cakes.


Russian Teacakes

1 cup butter (or margarine)

1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar (powdered sugar)

1 tsp vanilla

2 1/4 cup all purpose flour

1/4 tsp salt

3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (almonds Russian/Danish cookies, pecans for Mexican Wedding cakes)

Mix butter, sugar and vanilla
mix flour and salt together, blend in, add nuts

Chill dough

roll into 1" balls
bake at 400(F) for 10-12 minutes
 (375(F) for convection bake)

While still warm roll in confectioners' sugar
cool, roll or dust with sugar again





No comments:

Post a Comment